Before the end of Gulf War in 1991, I obviously had no clue about any investing strategies. My main strategy was avoid Japan and Taiwan stock market. Others like purchased European and American stock mutual funds. And of course, the necessary during the war – gold. After that, I was suspicious stared at the financial market.
Most my updates and information were given by the mutual fund companies and the underground futures office that I had mentioned in my previous blog posting. I remember that the most I purchased were Fidelity and Jardine funds. Why I was so concentrated on those two companies. The reason was simple. I just wanted to exchange more information from them between the transactions.
Although my company was big enough and had the fatal attraction for any of the financial instruments companies (If I told them our company had hundred billion dollars as capital, they would had believed.) We didn’t have enough information resources such as internet, updated computers, mine was an old 80860 system one, economic and business daily, nor any other newspapers. I always had to deal with the computer virus, specially when I was typing reports and see the sudden falling words. Dealing with virus wasted most of time instead of making the reports. In my first year of career, I was always away from my office and spent most of time in the underground futures office which was two blocks from mine. There were Reuters, business and economic daily to read and people to discussed.
Most of people from my company though I would never achieved success, although I already passed the six months examine period.
To be continued…
沒有留言:
張貼留言